Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My first chiropractic experience and purpose in life.

Hello folks, my name is Dr. Brent Moyer, a Chiropractor in Burlington Ontario. I have a beautiful wife named Giada and gorgeous 8 month old son Luke. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

I have a true PASSION in life and that is, HELPING PEOPLE GET WELL...in the simplest sense. Let's face it, if we don't have our health, we don't have anything.

I am a healer, educator, husband, father, brother, son, uncle, Christian, and a Chiropractor.

I decided to become a Chiropractor after my experience with a Chiropractic Doctor in Oakville. I was probably around 12 or 13 years old when I was trying out for the Oakville Rangers AAA hockey team. I was quite the athlete growing up, playing rep hockey, lacrosse, golf, soccer, bmx biking....you name it, I played it. I was on a breakaway in hockey tryouts when I was tripped causing me to slide into the goal post shoulder first. I proceeded to finish off that last 5 minutes of the tryout with hard skating and push ups at each blue and red line. My shoulder was killing me!!! In the shower after I knew something was wrong because I could hardly raise my arm. My mother knew that taking me to the ER would take forever and all they could do was maybe x-ray and give me some pain killers, so she took me to the local chiropractor. I played hockey with his son. He took me in immediately and took x-rays of my shoulder. There was a small fracture of the clavicle. You are probably wondering, what was the chiropractor going to do with a broken shoulder? Let me explain! My collarbone (clavicle) was obviously very sore and swollen. I also felt pain up my neck and into my upper arm. My chiropractor explained that many shoulder injuries will eventually cause neck and arm problems. And his goal was to make my neck and arm feel better and remove any type of nerve pressure to relieve pain and allow my body to heal properly. The first few days I saw him twice daily. Then it was 2-3x per week. In a matter of a few weeks my neck was no longer stiff and sore and my shoulder and arm pain was almost non-existent. He taught me that healing comes from within and his adjustments were designed to allow my body to heal to its full potential. He took another x-ray to confirm and see if the fracture was healing properly. After about 3 weeks we were able to see the callus on the x-ray, confirming that it was healing and in proper position. As I later found out in chiropractic college, clavicle fractures are the most common non-union or malunion fractures and that a callus will form around 21 days.
I was amazed how my chiropractor was able to treat me with his hands and not use any drugs or surgery. It was natural, it made me feel good and I thought at the time that it was pretty cool! Each visit when I waited in his adjusting room I would read his posters and study the human anatomy. It was then that I knew I wanted to be a Chiropractor.

I am a true believer that we all have a calling. We are all put on this planet for a purpose. And my purpose is to be a healer...a Chiropractor. I have been blessed with many things in my life... such as my health, my wife, my son, my family and friends, my education and god-given talents to heal with my hands and mind. I am so thankful.

Well, this is my very first blog post so I hope I did alright. The purpose of my blog is to educate the public about health and wellness. I want to reach out to as many people as possible so we can be informed of healthier practises and truly become a healthier planet. We have a very powerful self-regulating, self-healing body that can be optimised. We just have to unlock our true healing potential. This certainly requires some responsibility and lifestyle modifications. However, EVERYONE is capable of becoming healthier. PLEASE stay tuned for more blog entries to learn how to become healthier, feel good, enjoy life and experience your true potential.

May you be TOUCHED, MOVED and INSPIRED!

To learn more about Dr. Brent Moyer you can visit his website www.drbrentmoyer.com , follow him on twitter http://twitter.com/brantartschiro or his facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brant-Arts-Chiropractic/296220027102956




1 comment:

  1. Truly inspiring, well written. Congrats on your first entry. Burlington is lucky to have such a great chiropractor!

    Dr. Brian F.

    ReplyDelete